January 10, 2015 by Marcus
This month: How Important Words Are: Speak Life
Your words have the power to bless someone’s day, or totally ruin it. Two things can be said that could totally change someone’s life:
I believe in you!
You will never amount to anything.
Today, you have the choice to speak life over someone or the choice to not speak life.
- *Mt. 12:36-37
- But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every carless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
- *Prov. 18:21
- The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
What you say affects not only others but ourselves, too. Examples:
Words Affects Others Bad:
- Kill a dream
- Make them self-conscience
- Stunt Spiritual growth
- Shakes their trust
Words Affects Others Good:
- Begins relationships
Words Affects You Good:
- Causes good things to happen
- Affects self-esteem
- Speaks life, Spiritual and physical
- Causes dreams and hope
Words Affect You Bad:
- Leads to failure
- Limits God and yourself
- Stops Spirit from flowing
- Undo God’s work
*It’s important to note that there are many worse things you can do to yourself by not speaking life
These are things that God has recently spoken to me about the power of your words.
- Speak what you hear Me say and you will never go wrong.
- It’s not that I need to hear it; it’s that you need to SAY it. It upsets the enemy and causes you strength all at the same time.
- It’s not ME; it’s YOU who needs to hear it.
- I can hear your heart, but you can’t.
- You grow every time you hear about Me; from your lips or others. More so from your lips.
- Speak what you believe. Don’t just say what you are feeling, speak the truth you know. Speak My words.
These are things that every believer can say. And to those who are not believers yet, let these be words of encouragement to you. We want you to know what you can have in Christ.
Whatever the Word of God says I am… I AM!
I am a new creation, created in Christ Jesus
(2 Cor 5:17)
I am strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.
I am complete in Him.
I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water. I bring forth MY fruit in MY season. My leaf won’t wither, and whatsoever I do shall prosper.
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Whatever the Word of God says I have…I have!
I have the faith of God residing in me.
I have the peace of God that passes understanding.
I have God’s love.
I have the mind of Christ.
Whatever the Word of God says I can do…I can do!
I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.
I can always triumph in Christ.
(2 Cor 2:14)
I can walk by faith.
(2 Cor 5:7)
From “Change Your Words, Change Your Life”
Speaking words of encouragement to people helps them. It is like a bright spot in an otherwise plain day.
Make a habit of complimenting people. Say something kind and encouraging to everyone you meet, and people will always be happy to see you coming. You will be happier also, for when we make others happy; it always comes back on us.
Category Notes | Tags: